Frontkom empowers businesses and impactful organizations to discover and leverage digital opportunities. We help people adopt technology for growth, innovation and positive world impacts. We’re a team of over 70 specialists – designers, developers and business consultants working in a collaborative, international environment from offices in Lublin, Warsaw, Oslo, Fredrikstad, Funchal and Berlin. We support the free and open web and work with Drupal, WordPress, Laravel, WooCommerce and many more technologies.
Hello, our future Laravel expert!
We’re on a journey to bring our clients top notch backend solutions in PHP and Laravel – and we would like to invite you to join it as well! So if you:
- Have at least 3 years of commercial experience as a developer…
- Laravel and PHP are more than familiar to you…
- You are not afraid of proving your work with automated tests…
- Techy talks do not bore you…
- Using architectural patterns is not at all scary…
- Workation in Madeira sounds like a good idea to you…
- You have no problems communicating in English…
- And you’re willing to share your knowledge with and learn from others…
…then you’re exactly the candidate we have in mind!
So, how will it all begin?
You will be seamlessly onboarded to one of our projects, in which you will be able to unleash your full potential. Don’t worry, there will be a buddy backing you up through the first days.
Your work will happen on a both strategic and tactical level. Together with the team, you will design a piece of functionality based on the business requirements and then by using your forgery and all tools from your dev tool box – you will reforge sticky notes into actual code.
As a good artisan, sometimes you’ll have to take a look at some older code and make it better, which is a great opportunity to showcase your refactoring skills. Following Uncle Bob’s suggestion: always leave the campground cleaner than you found it!
We believe that life is always #better-together, and so if in any moment you’ll stumble across a problem, there will always be someone to help you out. We are team players! And to make things organised, we use Git, Jira and follow Agile principles to deliver quality software on time.
From you we expect:
- At least 3 years of experience with PHP and Laravel
- Good knowledge of MySQL, MariaDB and Redis
- Familiarity with how CI/CD works
- Ability to write robust and testable code
- To be able to freely communicate in English (B2 is nice to have since we are cooperating with worldwide clients ;))
- A good understanding of architectural and design patterns (SOLID is a must!)
- Openness to learn from others and to share your knowledge to others 😀
- And last but not least, being a good team player. We care about each other!
These will help you stand out:
- You know when unit tests make sense and when they should be implemented
- You know concepts of tactical and strategic DDD
- You write framework-agnostic code (or want to learn how to do so)
- You are familiar with message-driven architectures (RabbitMQ, pub/sub with Redis)
- You know precisely what does SRP means 😛
- You are proactive and not afraid of working collaboratively
- You are not afraid of talking to the business and to the client
- You have tried Event Storming or other kinds of workshops to discover domain of the business you are working with
Joining our Frontkom journey means:
- Up to 18k net monthly pay (on B2B contract or others)
- Seeing projects from all over the world grow and prosper thanks to your direct involvement
- An opportunity to enjoy workation in our sunny office in Madeira – we take care of transport and accommodation for you! Enjoy the trip!
- Freedom to work wherever you want – we offer fully remote positions…
- …but if you enjoy coming into the office, you can visit us in Warsaw, Lublin, Oslo, Fredrikstad or Funchal!
- We want you to go far – we support your growth through yearly educational budgets, conferences and other industry events
- But wait, there’s more: private healthcare, sports cards, integration trips, weekly English or Norwegian lessons…