Senior Fullstack JS Developer
Funchal, Portugal or remote
Hello JS Experts!
Join us in our Funchal office or remotely from Portugal to deliver innovative digital strategies. Exciting international clients and partners in a company focused on creating a meaningful change await you! Our offices are in Oslo, Fredrikstad, Berlin, Lublin, Warsaw, and Madeira.
Frontkom empowers businesses and impactful organisations to discover and leverage digital opportunities. We help people adopt technology for growth, innovation and positive world impacts. We work in long-term partnerships with our clients helping them grow through digital transformation. Guiding them in making data-driven decisions based on smart insights is a key part of this. This is where you come in and shine.
You will be joining a diverse team of over 70 specialists - analysts, designers, developers and business consultants working in a collaborative, international environment. We value personal development through both learning and teaching.
Joining Frontkom means
- competitive salary that matches the demonstrated experience
- initial and continuous training relevant to the job position
- participation in conferences held in European territory
- integration in an experienced, multidisciplinary and multicultural team and ability to develop and implement your solutions and ideas – we work in small agile teams, so currently everyone has a significant influence on how we work and the direction we take
- your personal development planned and implemented together with your Unit Leader, guided by chosen Competence Team Leaders
- participation in creating and implementing innovative and ambitious digital strategies for the global market and startups – we work to drive digital change especially for education, healthcare and climate impact focused organizations
- delivering team-based long-term projects in collaboration with international colleagues and partners
- coffee and snacks at the office
- access to an office with a pool table, foosball table, and a swimming pool
- premium health insurance
- frequent team gatherings (after COVID-19) and kickoffs
- ability to work remotely during the pandemic and when needed. (In case you live or move to Madeira Island)
- weekly Norwegian lessons for volunteers
Required qualifications and skills
- relevant real world experience with complex projects on Node and React
- great command of English - spoken and written
- excellent knowledge of JS fundamentals (ES6+)
- experience with modern CSS and frontend tools (Sass, Webpack, etc)
- experience developing REST APIs in Node with Express and/or Hapi
- experience designing and maintaining SQL and NoSQL databases (MySQL, Postgres, MongoDB, Redis)
- experience with working with Git
- experience with state management libraries
- familiarity with Node ORM tools (Sequelize, Mongoose)
- ability to write SOLID and DRY code
Nice to have skills
- experience with GraphQL
- experience with Progressive Web Apps
- familiarity with serverless platforms such as Heroku and Netlify
- familiarity with other static site generators
- knowledge of CI/CD, Gitlab, and Docker
- help our clients make the world a better place
- build and maintain web apps on Node/React
- develop APIs
- design and maintain database schemas and integrations
- create command line tools to aid other teams
- be a team player
Join us on the journey of bringing digital change to our customers. Please send your resume in English. If you are selected to continue the interview process, we will contact you via phone or email.
What does the recruitment process look like?
- We will review your resume, and when you are selected to continue the interview process, our HR Manager will get in touch with you via phone or email. You will have a 20-minute talk about your experience and expectations
- Our HR Manager will schedule the technical interview with a Senior Developer in the next phase of recruitment, which will run a 60-minute technical interview with you
- Depending on your portfolio and technical interview score, you can be asked to do homework - we will send you a task and wait for your solution when you are ready.
- In the space of two weeks, HR Manager will share our feedback with you.